Based in Hugglescote, Leicestershire
Full time – Permanent
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
M-EC is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from two offices. We serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
The Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and we are seeking an Structural Technician to join our Leicestershire office. The main focus of our structural teams is the design of foundations and super-structure in reinforced concrete, steel and timber, including calculations, construction detail drawings and reports. Our structures team also provides support across the Company, helping to deliver a wide variety of projects. If you are an experienced Structural Technician looking for an exciting challenge then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Working within the regional structural design team on numerous residential, commercial and public sector projects;
- Collaborating with team members, co-ordination with other disciplines/offices and client liaison;
- Work involves significant use of specialist design software and CAD;
- Design and detailing of foundation systems for residential and commercial structures;
- Super-structure detailing in reinforced concrete, steel and timber;
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects; and
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs, with English, Maths and Science at grade B or higher (or an equivalent Level 2 qualification);
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience of structural design for commercial, public sector, industrial and residential schemes and business development;
- Student member of The Institution of Civil Engineers and/or Institution of Structural Engineers and working towards Technician membership grade;
- Basic knowledge of structural design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes;
- Basic knowledge of Building Control, NHBC and Highway Authority submission and approval;
- Have the ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Competent user of AutoCAD and Revit;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients; and
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
M-EC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To obtain an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please contact HR Manager, Joanna Stevens, on 07399 880667.