Senior Structural Technician
Based in Hugglescote, Leicestershire
Full time – Permanent
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
M-EC is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from two offices. We serve both private and public sector clients, including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
The Company has undergone an exciting change programme and we are seeking a Senior Structural Technician to join our Leicestershire office. The main focus of our structural team is the design of foundations and super-structure in traditional construction, reinforced concrete, steel and timber; working with both 2D and 3D design and drawing packages. Our structures team also provides technical support across the Company, helping to deliver a wide variety of projects.
If you are an experienced Structural Technician looking for an exciting challenge then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Assisting with the BIM development of the practice. The long-term plan is to successfully obtain BIM level 2 accreditation;
- Assisting in the development of new internal standards and in the production of BIM execution plans, and BIM protocols for the practice
- Working on numerous residential, commercial and public sector projects
- Undertaking drawings in 2D and 3D, and the production of Revit models
- Collaborating with the team on multi-disciplinary projects, co-ordination with other disciplines will also be required
- Liaise with architects and other consultants to ensure the accurate transfer of information in both 2D and 3D. This may involve attending client meetings
- Liaise with external parties to resolve queries and requests for information
- Design and detailing of foundation systems for residential and commercial structures
- Super-structure detailing in traditional construction, reinforced concrete, steel and timber
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets;
- Provide support, coaching and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in the mentoring and development of others; and
- Professional competency, and continuing personal development with an active interest in mentoring more junior members of the design team.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- Demonstrable relevant experience of structural design for commercial, public sector, industrial and residential schemes, and business development;
- Expert knowledge of Revit to deliver engineering solutions;
- Have the ability to prepare CAD/Revit drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Use of Autocad is essential to the role;
- Experience of working within a 3D design environment is essential, as is the ability to work to BIM protocols;
- (Preferred) achieved or working towards an EngTech accreditation;
- Knowledge of structural design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes;
- Knowledge of Building Control, NHBC, Highway Authority submissions/ approvals;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met; and
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
M-EC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
You will need to obtain an application pack in order to apply for this position. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please contact HR Manager, Joanna Stevens, on 07399 880667.