Associate/Associate Director Air Quality & Noise Consultant
Based in Hugglescote, Leicestershire
Full time – Permanent
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
M-EC is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from two offices. We serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
The Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and we are seeking to fill a senior position of Associate/Associate Director Noise and Air Quality Consultant for our team in our Leicestershire office.
Key role responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of multi-disciplinary noise/vibration/air quality/odour projects in accordance with company standards, within time and on budget.
- Active involvement in undertaking noise/vibration/air quality/odour studies and design, including site data capture and processing, the preparation of drawings, calculations and data files and ensuring delivery of quality, accurate and time efficient reports which have undergone rigorous checking procedures.
- Maintaining and developing department standards, systems and procedures.
- Research, development and implementation of technological innovations to aid continual growth and diversity.
- Prepare business plans in accordance with company financial projection targets.
- Recruitment and growth within the team to ensure effective team productivity and development. Provide supervision, guidance, and advice to team members and ensure the team follows a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Manage a structured training programme for apprentices, graduates and other technical staff in accordance with industry standards and company objectives.
- Follow a continued professional development/programme of training and achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Undertaking staff 1-2-1s and performance reviews.
- Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales. Monthly invoicing.
- Ensure team liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including EHO, Planning Authorities, Environment Agency, etc to ensure efficient progress with commissions.
- Review calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence produced by team to ensure delivery of quality, accurate and efficient work which has undergone rigorous checking procedures throughout the whole process. Ensure all team members follow the same procedures.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers. Occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Noise modelling using CadnaA or similar software.
- Air quality modelling and assessment.
- Other duties as may occasionally be required to support the needs of the business.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable relevant experience, including acoustic consultancy, environmental noise survey/assessment and air quality modelling/assessment (DMRB/ADMS).
- Robust knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice.
- Member of The Institute of Acoustics and/or other relevant professional body. Hold or working towards a recognised professional qualification.
- Expert in the use of AutoCAD, CadnaA or similar design/analysis software packages.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines and offices within M-EC and external organisations.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
M-EC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
You will need to obtain an application pack in order to apply for this position. Please email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please contact HR Manager, Joanna Stevens, on 07399 880667.